httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "RunningMultipleApacheInstances" by StefanFritsch
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 21:22:03 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "RunningMultipleApacheInstances" page has been changed by StefanFritsch:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/RunningMultipleApacheInstances?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

Comment:
point to docs for Debian packages

   }}}

- === Doing it in Ubuntu ===
+ === Doing it in Ubuntu or Debian ===
-
- And maybe it's similar also in Debian?. Apologies for my ignorance.

  '''1. Install the apache2 package'''

@@ -200, +198 @@

  In Ubuntu, the configuration files for your recently installed apache are under '/etc/apache2'.
  [writing in progress ...]

+ There is some Debian/Ubuntu specific information in /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz
after installation.
+

  '''3. Configure the system to launch the apache instances after boot'''

@@ -207, +207 @@

  Recently, the ubuntu/debian init scripts (e.g. /etc/init.d/apache2) have been updated to
support multiple instances of apache (e.g. multiple configurations, named /etc/apache2-$SUFFIX).
Depending on the release of debian/ubuntu you're using you may be lucky ... or not.

- The Debian packager's commit is dated Feb 2010: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-apache-commits/2010-February/000295.html
+ The feature appeared in Debian in version 2.2.14-6 in Feb 2010: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-apache-commits/2010-February/000295.html

  In Ubuntu, the apache2 packages in Maverick (10.10) contain these patches:
  http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/a/apache2/apache2_2.2.16-1ubuntu3.1/changelog
@@ -215, +215 @@

  However the Lucid (10.04, Long Term Support Release) apache2 apparently do not:
  http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/a/apache2/apache2_2.2.14-5ubuntu8.4/changelog

- I'll try to complete this Recipe soon ...
+ Documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.multiple-instances