httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ssl/ssl_faq.xml: answer removed in 2.4 - reinstate or delete link?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 16:16:11 GMT

On Mar 23, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Geoffrey Noakes wrote:

> Igor writes, in part, " Most of ssl/ssl_faq.xml is.
>
> Symantec/VeriSign is willing to contribute resources to fix this -- can someone directly
engage with us to understand what will make this better?  I ask for "direct" engagement as
opposed to batting things back-and-forth endlessly via mail groups.

> Thanks...

I have the doc that was contributed towards this purpose. Or a doc, I should say. The one
about multi-use SSL certificates that was sent to this list. I fully intended to roll it into
the docs, but I have to admit that it was above my SSL-fu, and so I never got much further
than trying to understand it.

What would constitute "direct" to you? Phone? Email? Skype? Let me know. You may contact me
directly (rbowen@apache.org) for phone info if that helps.

As to what would help, we'd love to have the various parts of http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/ssl/
replaced/updated with something that is correct, useful, and modern. What is there ... well,
isn't.

If the current arrangement of that doc or set of docs doesn't make sense, let's scrap it and
start over. Most of that prose is a decade old, and was written by someone who, while a genius
in the field, didn't have English as his first language.

We are completely open to your suggestions, recommendation, patches, or whatever.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen