httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Error documentation, more thoughts
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:14:56 GMT

On Mar 12, 2012, at 5:25 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> On Sunday 11 March 2012, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> On Mar 11, 2012, at 10:31, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
>>> A doxygen-like comment that resides in the *.c file right above
>>> the log call may be even more easy to edit for developers. There
>>> would be a script that extracts these comments and puts them
>>> into xml files in the docs.
>>
>> See, I knew there was a reason I didn't just go ahead and do it.
>
> OTOH, this would prevent people with only docs commit access to edit
> the comment. Or the some script would have to do the syncing in both
> ways, which seems rather complex.
>
> I guess this really should be discussed on the -dev list.

My note on dev@ (http://markmail.org/message/zeuspv7hpf7rkht2) has received no responses after
72 hours. I'm going to rather optimistically interpret this as "no preference, and we trust
the docs list to do the right thing."

docs/log-message-tags is starting to seem like the right place to put these docs. However,
there's the question of directory and file structure. I really don't want one enormous file,
but duplicating the source tree structure seems overkill. Somewhere in the middle? Suggestions?

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen