httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien Gentis <lucien.gen...@medecine.uhp-nancy.fr>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 06:41:54 GMT

Le 28 mars 2012 à 16:42, Daniel Gruno a écrit :

> [...]
are more than, say, 2 years out of date

>> For a metric, Daniel has provided this: http://www.humbedooh.com/outdated/2.4/
>> Translations that are, say, 500,000 revisions out of date might be good candidates
to purge?

> +1 to that - Personally I'd probably go even further and cut it off at 250k revisions
(the equivalent of 1 year), but 500k would also be a good start.

> If we are to retire the documents, I would advise that we give a fair warning to at least
users@ that we are retiring this and this document, so anyone interested can fix it up if
they have the time for it. Something like: core.xml.ja is now 3 years behind the English version
and will be retired in one month unless updated. Maybe send the warnings in a condensed, per-language
mail. But that's just my silly idea.

> With regards,
> Daniel.

+1 to that