httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:29:02 GMT
On Mar 28, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I'd like to propose that we retire (ie, svn delete) translations in 2.4 that are more
than, say, 2 years out of date, as they assuredly don't reflect the current state of things,
and do a disservice to our customers. Leaving them in trunk seems harmless, but having them
in a released product is misleading.

> I haven't yet done the actual poking around to determine which translations that would
be, but I'd suspect .ja, .ko, .es and .de?

> Or we could be more selective, and get rid of translations of things (authnz, logging,
proxy) that we know for certain has radically changed in the last few years, while leaving
things like the index files that may still be worthwhile.

I'd prefer that we add CSS with an age-based discoloration of the page
and associated watermark, but I have no time to find the right CSS.

....Roy