httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [patch] Changes to 1.3.x docs
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 01:51:19 GMT
The patch is applying ok except for the header_l2 files, which complain with:

Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|Index: header_l2.html.fr
|===================================================================
|--- header_l2.html.fr	(revision 1295920)
|+++ header_l2.html.fr	(working copy)
--------------------------
File to patch:

I'm pretty sure this is my ignorance of the patch utility, not a problem with the patch itself.
What should I answer there? I've tried several things, and they all fail with, for example:

File to patch: header_l2.html.fr
header_l2.html.fr: No such file or directory
Skip this patch? [y] y
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored

Please advise. Thanks.

On Mar 1, 2012, at 6:48 PM, Tim Bannister wrote:

> I've attached a patch against http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/1.3.x/htdocs/manual
> (if this should go into Bugzilla, let me know and I'll do that instead).
>
> I don't normally like (or submit) patches with a bunch of semi-related changes, but since
this is documentation not code I hope it's OK.

> Here's a summary of the changes:
> • Added French translation for 1.3 obsolescence message
> • Added lang="en" attribute to main (English) obsolescence message
> • The top index pages for alternate languages now have obsolescence messages
> • Style changes for the red box (now "width: 35em" & centred)
> • Fixed some pages that said the latest version was 2.2
> • Updated text for modules that were already obsolete in 1.3
>
> The include file subdirectory/header.html is replaced with header_l2.html in the top
directory, which should simplify any future maintenance work.

> To clarify: the Japanese pages still have the obsolescence message in English (my Japanese
just isn't good enough). The French pages have the obsolescence message in French.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen