httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: error numbers
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:55:21 GMT
On 8 Mar 2012, at 17:00, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I'd like to have this in the xhtml docs, eventually, but starting it in the Wiki seems
the best way to get people to start to contribute. And someone mentioned at one point that
they could easily script the initial doc. I don't remember who said that, but if you have
something ready, that would be great. Meanwhile, if nobody steps up, I can script that up.

> Any thoughts before I dive in and start working on this?

This does cry out for at least some automation.
I have in mind an approach using either pycparser or clang to grab the error text and its
context out of the C source. However, I haven't ever actually used either tool. If anyone
else already has experience doing something like this, and time to take part, please speak
up so I don't just do a worse job slower.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net