httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:57:09 GMT

On Mar 28, 2012, at 10:53 AM, André Malo wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 March 2012 15:33:01 Rich Bowen wrote:
>> I'd like to propose that we retire (ie, svn delete) translations in 2.4
>> that are more than, say, 2 years out of date, as they assuredly don't
>> reflect the current state of things, and do a disservice to our customers.
>> Leaving them in trunk seems harmless, but having them in a released product
>> is misleading.
>>
>> I haven't yet done the actual poking around to determine which translations
>> that would be, but I'd suspect .ja, .ko, .es and .de?
>>
>> Or we could be more selective, and get rid of translations of things
>> (authnz, logging, proxy) that we know for certain has radically changed in
>> the last few years, while leaving things like the index files that may
>> still be worthwhile.
>
> My (unbacked) guess is, that the out-of-dateness is mostly missing directives
> and otherwise tweaks here and there. I'd rather adjust the xslt to include a
> (translated) reference to the english directive docs as a placeholder. That
> way we don't lose the rest (which may or maybe not accurate).

As always, your much greater skill with xslt would be greatly appreciated here, if you'd be
willing to make that adjustment. That sounds like a good idea. It does make it harder to know,
however, which changes were *fixes* and which changes were *updates*, when it comes to saying
that a particular doc is or is not out of date.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen