httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:52:12 GMT
On 28-03-2012 19:44, André Malo wrote:
> * Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> I'd prefer that we add CSS with an age-based discoloration of the page
>> and associated watermark, but I have no time to find the right CSS.
> I like that.
>
> First step is anyhow to integrate an age check into metafile.pl or
> something. then we can do anything useful with it (if we decide to retire,
> we can also just don't generate the html anymore, for example).
>
> Gimme a few days, it shouldn't be that hard to do the metafile stuff. If no
> one beats me... ;)
>
> nd
+1
It seems like a viable solution indeed.
If we were to adopt this idea, the question would then become: How
should we "age" and watermark these pages?
I made two examples of how watermarks could be put in place, at
http://www.humbedooh.com/outdated/mpm_common.html and
http://www.humbedooh.com/outdated/mpm_common2.html respectively, but I'm
still not sure what would be the best approach. (I should probably speak
to my brother the design wiz about this and return with something clever).

It would have to be visible/readable, but not as to obstruct the view
entirely.

With regards,
Daniel.