httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <rum...@cord.dk>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:42:53 GMT
On 28-03-2012 16:09, Rich Bowen wrote:

>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:33:01AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>> I'd like to propose that we retire (ie, svn delete) translations in
>>> 2.4 that are more than, say, 2 years out of date
> For a metric, Daniel has provided this:
> http://www.humbedooh.com/outdated/2.4/
> Translations that are, say, 500,000 revisions out of date might be
> good candidates to purge?

+1 to that - Personally I'd probably go even further and cut it off at
250k revisions (the equivalent of 1 year), but 500k would also be a good
start.

If we are to retire the documents, I would advise that we give a fair
warning to at least users@ that we are retiring this and this document,
so anyone interested can fix it up if they have the time for it.
Something like: /core.xml.ja is now 3 years behind the English version
and will be retired in one month unless updated/. Maybe send the
warnings in a condensed, per-language mail. But that's just my silly idea.

With regards,
Daniel.