httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: Error documentation, more thoughts
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:39:12 GMT
On 3/22/2012 6:45 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Yeah, this might be the right approach. The only difficulty here is
> the question of localization. Until we localize our error messages,
> localization of the documentation of those error messages seems a very
> useful thing to have.

It might not be difficult if the page is laid out in a way that makes it
easy to get/put that information in a native language. A page format
that looks like this seems fairly intuitive. This would be pretty easy
to set up if we planned for a bulk import of a "base page" to get the
ball rolling on these. It also has the added benefit of locking the
format down so we can have some consistency between articles. Granted,
this kind of format lends itself well to custom XML files that make the
final output trivial to change, but I think end-user accessibility to
contribute new descriptions/advice is hindered by such an approach.

= AH00001 =
{{{server/scoreboard.c:186: unable to create or access scoreboard \"%s\"
"(name-based shared memory failure)", fname}}}

This article is just a starting point. Please help by:
 *Letting a docs committer know you need information
 *Joining the wiki and adding some details
 *Open a bug report in bugzilla requesting more information

<<BR>>
<<TableOfContents(2)>>

== English ==
Something bad happened.