httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Relaxing docs review policy?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:08:51 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:36:18AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> It has been mentioned several times that we'd have more translations if we'd relax the
review policy a little.

> I'd like to propose that we loosen it up on trunk, so that the translations can at least
get into the tree, and then actively solicit reviews (on users@, for example) before pushing
them into trunk. I think that by requiring review of the patches, rather than putting them
into trunk, we make it unreasonably hard for reviewers to actually have a look at them. Whereas
if they were in trunk, reviewers could look at the rendered docs on the /docs/trunk web site,
and we'd be more likely to get feedback.

> Thoughts?

I think we'd be ok to skip the review for translated docs in trunk as
long as we stick to our current model of getting a second set of trusted
eyes on it before backporting. But I don't think it's a good idea to go
fishing for reviews at random spots like users@.

vh

Mads Toftum
--