httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Retiring translations
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:02:54 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:33:01AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I'd like to propose that we retire (ie, svn delete) translations in 2.4 that are more
than, say, 2 years out of date, as they assuredly don't reflect the current state of things,
and do a disservice to our customers. Leaving them in trunk seems harmless, but having them
in a released product is misleading.

> I haven't yet done the actual poking around to determine which translations that would
be, but I'd suspect .ja, .ko, .es and .de?

> Or we could be more selective, and get rid of translations of things (authnz, logging,
proxy) that we know for certain has radically changed in the last few years, while leaving
things like the index files that may still be worthwhile.

+1 on principle although I prefer to keep translated error messages.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk