httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposed] remove docs/1.3/
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:21:30 GMT
On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 07:07:46 -0500
Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> I'm not getting the value of leaving them there but not letting them be indexed. If they're
there, they should be indexed. If they're not indexed, they might as well not be there at
all.

On the contrary!  They're there for reference, for people who want
to find apache 1.3.  If someone seeks out those docs then it makes
sense to provide them.

The point of not indexing them is to avoid thrusting them on the
majority who want documentation of a current version.  They pollute
search results when you google a directive or module name, and
may confuse the punters when something has changed!

--
Nick Kew