httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [proposed] remove docs/1.3/
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:04:32 GMT

On Feb 27, 2012, at 2:16 PM, André Malo wrote:

> A compromise I'd actively support would be:
>
> - to not only put these red blocks above each document, but
>  provide 'position: fixed' block, being always visible (for modern
>  browsers) (maybe on the left side, simply saying "UNSUPPORTED SOFTWARE" or
>  something, linking the read block above.)

I started working on this a while back. It's more work than you'd think, because the HTML
files aren't generated from source, like in the 2.x docs, but are static HTML files, with
individual differences. I was part way through this when I changed jobs, and the changes were
lost with my work laptop. D'oh! So I need to start that effort over again.

> - put robots=noindex into the documents and/or add a line to the robots.txt

Yeah, we can do that too.

> - we could probably remove 1.3 docs from the navigation

I thought we'd already done that. Apparently not. Doing it now.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen