httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Adding "Docs overhaul" to new_features_2_4
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:36:28 GMT
I've added a mention of the mod_rewrite and mod_ssl enhancements. There have been a *lot* of
changes, but it's hard to categorize them in any one particular way, and much of it has to
do with entirely new modules which are already mentioned. But if anyone feels that any particular
change (the wiki enhancements, possibly?) need to be specifically mentioned, please go right
ahead and do it.

--Rich

On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

> Hi docs@, hi Rich,
>
> I think it would be nice to add a short statement about your documentation overhaul to
our novelties page about 2.4:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/new_features_2_4.html
>
> I didn't follow the docs changes in detail, so I'm not sure what to highlight. I remember
e.g. quite some commits to improve the Rewrite Guide, but I'm sure there is other stuff as
well. Apart from the technical improvements I think we should also highlight the docs improvements,
because IMHO there was much more work done for the docs than when releasing 2.2.