httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Translations
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:38:13 GMT

On Feb 21, 2012, at 9:59 PM, <info@cheapwebhosting.net> <info@cheapwebhosting.net>
wrote:

> Translations are always going to be in short supply. Some friends and I have done translations
work for W3 and others.
> I think there will always be a discussion around volume vs. quality.
> I think my question has always been, which documents are most critical at this point,
and which languages--since usage doesnt always determine demand. E.g. Although the Dutch speaking
group are probably big users, they have one of the highest English speaking populations outside
the US, so they probably wouldn't benefit as much as Spanish speaking population (which also
happens to be spoken by a lot more countries.

Yes, agreed.

I would guess that the most useful languages would be Spanish, French, and Chinese, although
that's not based on any actual data.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen