httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Adding "Docs overhaul" to new_features_2_4
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:13:08 GMT
Thanks. I'll work to incorporate this into the SSL docs over the coming weeks.

--Rich

On Feb 20, 2012, at 12:55 PM, Geoffrey Noakes wrote:

> ATTENTION: any Apache members who contribute to the SSL-related portions of your HTTPD
documentation.

> Symantec (aka VeriSign SSL, Geotrust, and Thawte) wants to contribute content to the
SSL section.  This will be done in a vendor-neutral, vendor-independent way.  We seek no advantage
here, rather, we want to clear up the misinformation and confusion around how wildcards and
SAN certificates work.

> We are happy to contribute our content for others to incorporate into the Apache documents.
 I have attached the content we provided long ago.  We are happy to work with anyone that
can help us get this content into Apache’s documentation on SSL related to HTTPD.

> Also, we will be at RSA 2012.  We would like to meet with Apache members who are attending
RSA.

I receive from docs@httpd.apache.org about this.
> Thanks..
>
> Geoff
>
> Geoffrey W. Noakes
> Director, Business Development
> Symantec Corporation
> geoffrey_noakes@symantec.com
> +1-415-370-5980

e.g. quite some commits to improve the Rewrite Guide, but I'm sure there is other stuff as
well. Apart from the technical improvements I think we should also highlight the docs improvements,
because IMHO there was much more work done for the docs than when releasing 2.2.