httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Translations
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:32:03 GMT
Last week I was at Duke, and one of the folks there was a student whose professor had encouraged
her to get involved in Open Source by translating the Apache httpd docs into Spanish. I encouraged
her to get on the list and get started, and gave her some starting info.

This got me thinking - what can we do to encourage people to help out with translation?

Those who have done some translation - what do we do that makes it hard? What could we make
easier?

Our translations in the 2.4 release are pretty far out of date in almost every language. It
might even be time to drop some of them entirely because of how far out of date they are.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen