httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Translations
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:41:14 GMT

On Feb 22, 2012, at 4:37 AM, Lucien Gentis wrote:

> About 2.4 branch : since yet, I only worked on 2.2 and trunk branches.
> So are there already differences between trunk and 2.4 *.xml files ?
> If not, could we simply copy and commit our up to date trunk *.xml.?? files into 2.4
branch ?

Yes, trunk .xml files should be copied and committed into the 2.4 branch.

Traditionally, documentation has been CTR (commit then review) even when the branch in question
is RTC (review then commit). That is, while feature changes have to go through a peer review
process prior to being committed, documentation, which by its nature discusses changes that
have already been made, doesn't have to go through this process.

However, when dealing with 2.2 vs trunk vs 2.4, it is critical to ensure that you're documenting
functionality that actually exists in the branch in question, so it's a good idea to compare
the English version of the .xml file in that branch to the one in the branch you've been working
from, to ensure that you're not documenting features that aren't in 2.4 yet.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen