httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Binary windows 2.4.x distribution
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:44:12 GMT
On 2/21/2012 4:08 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2012, at 10:58 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>
>> Sorry I haven't had more cycles to post about this subject, I'm know
>> we have a number of third-party windows distributions, and in fact,
>> I'd rather this small delay encourage them to jump on the opportunity.
>> It's pretty obvious that there will be no Oracle, no RedHat release
>> tomorrow for the shipping OS's.
>
> It must be pointed out however that people on Redhat (and derivatives) are able to roll
their own RPMs for deployment today should they choose to do so by following the instructions
here:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/rpm.html

Which is apropos of?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/win_compiling.html#workspacebuild

describes how to convert.  Others have written better guides, I'm afraid
that I and the docs team haven't been all that fast to incorporate all of
the suggested edits.

But I must ask, why must it be pointed out?  Because you have a point to make?