httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [proposed] remove docs/1.3/
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 09:12:57 GMT

On 26 Feb 2012, at 07:35, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> Ok folks, it's been a "few years"... over 10, in fact, that 1.3 has
> been dead.
>
> Doesn't it seem overtime to take down 1.3 docs from the site, altogether?

From the site?

There's a principle here:  we should not invalidate working URLs.
If we take down existing docs, then should at least offer up an
errordocument pointing to a tarball of historic docs for anyone
whose interest is historic.  Not just a tarball that needs to be
built and installed before it can easily be read, but a simple clone,
maybe with a .htaccess for the language negotiation.

As well as, of course, a pointer to current docs.

--
Nick Kew