httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Noakes <>
Subject RE: Adding "Docs overhaul" to new_features_2_4
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:55:04 GMT
ATTENTION: any Apache members who contribute to the SSL-related portions of your HTTPD documentation.

Symantec (aka VeriSign SSL, Geotrust, and Thawte) wants to contribute content to the SSL section.
 This will be done in a vendor-neutral, vendor-independent way.  We seek no advantage here,
rather, we want to clear up the misinformation and confusion around how wildcards and SAN
certificates work.

We are happy to contribute our content for others to incorporate into the Apache documents.
 I have attached the content we provided long ago.  We are happy to work with anyone that
can help us get this content into Apache's documentation on SSL related to HTTPD.

Also, we will be at RSA 2012.  We would like to meet with Apache members who are attending

Please contact me directly - it is difficult to sort through the many email notices I receive
from<> about this.

Geoffrey W. Noakes
Director, Business Development
Symantec Corporation<>

From: Rich Bowen []
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: Adding "Docs overhaul" to new_features_2_4

Ok, will do.

I think that the SSL portion of the docs is mostly new, too, although I don't know for certain
who worked on that.

On Feb 20, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:

Hi docs@, hi Rich,

I think it would be nice to add a short statement about your documentation overhaul to our
novelties page about 2.4:

I didn't follow the docs changes in detail, so I'm not sure what to highlight. I remember
e.g. quite some commits to improve the Rewrite Guide, but I'm sure there is other stuff as
well. Apart from the technical improvements I think we should also highlight the docs improvements,
because IMHO there was much more work done for the docs than when releasing 2.2.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Rich Bowen<> :: @rbowen<>

View raw message