httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: documenting -deps
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:31:29 GMT
On 17 Jan 2012, at 10:07 PM, Eric Covener wrote:

> * Are we committed to providing the -deps for 2.4's lifetime, or would
> we doc it with some weasel language?
>
> * Does anyone care if we're not committed to it and just change the
> doc when we change our mind and stop providing a deps tarball?

The simplest fix for this issue is to modify the "file not found" error message to say something
sensible about requiring the -deps package.

At the end of the day, the most likely reason someone is trying to add  --with-included-apr
is because they did this in the past, and these people aren't going to have looked in any
documentation, and so won't find any explanation for what to do.

Regards,
Graham