httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by TimBannister
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:38:26 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ" page has been changed by TimBannister:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=30&rev2=31

Comment:
Added  note about --with-included-apr and httpd 2.4.x

  = C. Building Apache httpd =

- Why do I get an error about an undefined reference to "__inet_ntoa" or other __inet_* symbols?
+ == Why do I get an error about an undefined reference to "__inet_ntoa" or other __inet_*
symbols? ==
  If you have installed BIND-8 then this is normally due to a conflict between your include
files and your libraries. BIND-8 installs its include files and libraries /usr/local/include/
and /usr/local/lib/, while the resolver that comes with your system is probably installed
in /usr/include/ and /usr/lib/. If your system uses the header files in /usr/local/include/
before those in /usr/include/ but you do not use the new resolver library, then the two versions
will conflict.

  To resolve this, you can either make sure you use the include files and libraries that came
with your system or make sure to use the new include files and libraries. Adding -lbind to
the EXTRA_LDFLAGS line in your Configuration file, then re-running Configure, should resolve
the problem. (Apache versions 1.2.* and earlier use EXTRA_LFLAGS instead.)
@@ -140, +140 @@

  EXTRA_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/bind/include
  EXTRA_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/bind/lib
  EXTRA_LIBS=-lbind
+
+ == I get an error about "configure failed for srclib/apr" ==
+ ''This only applies to Apache 2.4 and later''
+
+ If you are building with the --with-included-apr option, you also need to download the *-deps
tarball that matches the main release that you are trying to build, and extract it into the
same directory.

  == Why won't Apache compile with my system's cc? ==
  If the server won't compile on your system, it is probably due to one of the following causes: