httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VeriSign documentation choosing between SAN/Wildcard certs in the Apache HTTPD environment (resend)
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:06:57 GMT
On 2 Sep 2011, at 17:53, Geoffrey Noakes wrote:

[prompted by your post today to look at this]

> We have uploaded 3+ screens of content about choosing between SAN and Wildcard certs
tohttp://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ScratchPad.  We have more content, primarily in the form of
tables, and we didn't know how to include that in the Wiki.  This is *not* meant to be a product
recommendation piece, instead it is an education paper.

URL?  The closest I can see to that is an existing page:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/UnderstandingMultiUseSSLCertificates

> What we would like to do is to work with Apache’s HTTP Community to complete this work.
 We are specifically asking for anyone who is particularly experienced with SSL to comment
on it or offer edits.

So you're looking for review?  You might (or might not) find more takers for that
on the dev list, or even the users list.  Or if it's visible on the wiki, add a request
for review at the top and see who bites.

> Please advise us on how best to move forward and start a dialog about incorporating this
scratchpad draft into the Apache documentation.

Not having seen the contents in question ...

Incorporating it into the Apache documentation is not necessarily the best goal.
Since we have the web, we can incorporate it by reference if it exists elsewhere
and looks sufficiently relevant/useful.

--
Nick Kew