httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: do we have/need a chart of module dependencies in 2.4, or some convention in each module's doc for showing that?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:42:24 GMT

On Nov 17, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> I'm struggling with what exactly to declare for provider-type
> dependencies.  List the group, which links to a section of some
> provider overview page that shows the bundled implementers of that
> group?  Or just explicitly list the bundled modules?

I think, as an end-user, I want to see the entire list of modules that I have to have loaded
to use this module. The exact hierarchy of dependence is useful information, but not the first
thing I want to know when troubleshooting a module. Perhaps in the header a full list, and
then in the Synopsis we have a diagram. I learned last week that doxygen autogenerates dependency
graphs. Perhaps we can use something like that for the docs, too.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com :: @rbowen