httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: do we have/need a chart of module dependencies in 2.4, or some convention in each module's doc for showing that?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:42:27 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 02:27:06PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> e.g., proxy-balancer needs slotmem-shm*
>
> in 2.4 this is a lot less obvious than proxy-http needs proxy
>
> *a more complex and correct explanation is certainly possible, but
> down near the surface of the earth it needs to be clear that in
> general you need to also load X in order to use Y

I've not seen anything like that yet, but it makes a lot of sense to add
it to the module index and possibly to a summary section on each module
page.
This can probably end up as a huge annoyance for users if the error at
runtime (and build time also) isn't very clear on why modules fail to
load / build.

vh

Mads Toftum
--