httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Noakes <Geoffrey_Noa...@symantec.com>
Subject RE: VeriSign documentation choosing between SAN/Wildcard certs in the Apache HTTPD environment (resend)
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 04:17:12 GMT
I AM ASKING FOR HELP FROM SOMEONE AT APACHE.  Our original offer and ask of Apache was this:

What we would like to do is to work with 1 or 2 HTTPD contributors to finish it off.  We are
looking for people who are well-known and recognized contributors to the HTTPD community,
and preferably someone who is knowledgeable about SSL and cert administration/licensing, and
has familiarity with cloud and virtualized environments. This is *not* meant to be a product
recommendation piece, instead it is an education paper.

Rich, the URL is at http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/UnderstandingMultiUseSSLCertificates.  We
posted that info on September 2.  We are not particularly skilled in Wiki-styled editing,
and we couldn't figure out how to upload all our content.  I've attached the Word document
that contains our content.

Nick wrote earlier:

So you're looking for review?  You might (or might not) find more takers for that on the dev
list, or even the users list.  Or if it's visible on the wiki, add a request for review at
the top and see who bites.

... How do we do that?

Incorporating it into the Apache documentation is not necessarily the best goal.

Since we have the web, we can incorporate it by reference if it exists elsewhere and looks
sufficiently relevant/useful.

... Our original thinking was to contribute content to Apache, and let Apache edit and publish
it.  We thought that if it came from VeriSign (now Symantec) that it would be perceived as
a product pitch as opposed to an educational piece.  If the Apache community would be better
off with a link to a document authored by us (and posted on a symantec.com page) we'll do
that.

How do I get this done?

I AM ASKING FOR HELP FROM SOMEONE AT APACHE.

Thanks...

Geoff