httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Noakes <Geoffrey_Noa...@symantec.com>
Subject VeriSign documentation choosing between SAN/Wildcard certs in the Apache HTTPD environment (resend)
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 16:53:18 GMT
HTTPD group, Don and I are with Symantec's Trust Services group - which is probably better
known to the Apache community as VeriSign SSL (which includes GeoTrust and Thawte).  We have
been working with Bill Rowe on this.

We have uploaded 3+ screens of content about choosing between SAN and Wildcard certs to http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ScratchPad.
 We have more content, primarily in the form of tables, and we didn't know how to include
that in the Wiki.  This is *not* meant to be a product recommendation piece, instead it is
an education paper.

What we would like to do is to work with Apache's HTTP Community to complete this work.  We
are specifically asking for anyone who is particularly experienced with SSL to comment on
it or offer edits.

Please advise us on how best to move forward and start a dialog about incorporating this scratchpad
draft into the Apache documentation.

Thanks...

Geoff

Geoffrey W. Noakes