httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lee Fisher <blib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: modules.apache.org data
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:12:53 GMT
On 7/11/11 6:28 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
 > So ... Where are we on this? Has anybody put any time into it yet?
 > Where could someone jump in?

I've spent a few hours trying to make sense of the data.

It'd help to know what the resulting goal is.

The tarball includes php source, a .SQL file from MySQL. The .SQL file
contians a few tables, the one interesting table of modules (including
two password fields). There are also tables for that appear to be more
related to tracking logins, including a nice chunk of spam.

I've started manually converted the .SQL file into an .XML file. But
it's not ready for use yet, there's a lot of data normalization that
needs doing. Right now, the main problem with this approach is the
MySQL/PHP-formatted date field is nonsense as ASCII and I'd need to
convert it somehow to make it useful in XML.

Another approach might be to setup Php and MySQL with this project, then
update the Php to output the data.

But what is the goal of this? To create a new web site that tracks users
passwords and login dates? Or to create a list of all the modules?

If just the latter, the XML conversion might work. If the goal is to
migrate the user accounts and their passwords, then the focus should
probably be with the Php and a new MySQL site.

Is there any opportunity during this transition to add some fields?
There's a few things that could probably be improved in the current schema.