httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Modules.apache.org
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:34:32 GMT

On 14 Jun 2011, at 15:03, Rich Bowen wrote:

> There's been some discussion, at the PMC level, of trying, once again, to assume control
of modules.apache.org.

/me has a moment of deja vu :)

> There are several possible courses, but the most likely at the moment seems to be that
we would maintain some set of static pages, rather than develop a PHP/mod_perl/Python/CGI/whatever
dynamic app.

With google as backend for a search function?  Works for me.

ISTR also proposing in the dim&distant past that the database be simply
a list of URLs, one per module author, from which the list of modules
be polled.

[quasi wrote]
> Quick and simple way to handle it would be steali^Wborrowing the code
> that generates http://projects.apache.org/ Having people submit their
> modules with DOAP files would probably make it very close to 0 code
> effort.

You involved in the backend for that?  Yeah, sounds like a great startingpoint!

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html