httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Admin Group for Wiki
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:00:51 GMT

On Jun 12, 2011, at 5:43 PM, Igor Galić wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> it seems the easiest way to prevent the spam on the wiki, is
> to have dedicated Admins. I know this isn't the way a wiki should
> be, but we currently have no sane way of spam prevention.
>
> The SpamAssassin wiki already has it, and ConCom is currently heading
> in the same direction. I would like to get some feedback from you
> guys before green-lighting infra to enable that feature for us as well

I'm torn. Philosophically, I'm opposed to this, because it limits the one easy way we have
for folks to contribute to the docs without jumping through a lot of hoops. However, in reality,
how many people have we *ever* had contribute valuable content to the wiki from outside the
group that's already on the mailing list. I don't know the answer to this, and I think that
answer is important to this decision. On the one hand, we need to have some easy way for folks
to contribute to the docs. On the other hand, it's my perception that nobody ever has. So
I suppose it's a wash.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com