httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn:externals for docs build
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:44:26 GMT
On 6/29/2011 12:34 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

>> maybe we should move out the docs entirely
>
> -1
>
> Putting any extra obstacles in front of anyone writing a doc is unwise.
>
> I don't honestly think anyone minds checking out the repo at  the current size. Have
we
> heard complaints?

Is it realistic to expect/demand that svn checkouts include only the xml
sources, the docs build/ tree, and that all developers are expected to
have java around to rebuild the .html's once on a fresh checkout and on
rolling a tarball?

This is a very different question from what should be in our tarball, which
aught to be the resulting manual/ html doc set.

In theory, 100MB becomes +/-60MB on a checkout, and +/-70MB in a tarball