httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Weirdness in the documentation
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:07:55 GMT
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:44:35AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I'm at a bit of a loss to understand the adversarial direction this conversation has
taken. I was unaware that charsets were such a controversial topic.

You've missed all the fun :)

> Meanwhile, we still have incorrectly displayed content on our site. Mostly, I'm interested
in solving this, but charsets have always been something of a mystery to me. I suppose that
comes of being a mono-lingual American.

7-bit ascii ought to be enough for everyone?
I'm +1 to getting that default charset change reverted (at least for the
httpd site). If anyone wants to make a compelling argument in favor of
going utf-8, that's something for another day imho.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk