httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Weirdness in the documentation
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 06:09:14 GMT
* Vincent Deffontaines wrote:

> On 18/06/2011 22:29, André Malo wrote:
> > * Nick Kew wrote:

> >> Doesn't look like it from a glance at the svn.  No change to the XSLT
> >> since 2009. More likely the server suddenly started incorrectly
> >> sending it as utf-8.
> >>
> >> However, that does beg the question: shouldn't we move to utf-8
> >
> > This begs another question: Why would we want that?
>
> As a french translator of the apache docs, I would love to not be
> running scripts like below at commit time, and the revert script when I
> want to edit the XML file again.

Nothing to do with the output files...

> If UTF-8 would prevent us from running
> these scripts

...so, no, not per se. You might want to switch the input charset. Or simply
run recode on the files to match the one declared in the XML file.

What problem does that script solve anyway? I'm just guessing right now.

> this would be a good thing for us. I cannot speak for
> German/Korean/other translators, but I must suppose they have met some
> similar conversion things.

Never seen that. I don't think so ;-)

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://pub.perlig.de  #