httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: Weirdness in the documentation
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 20:29:02 GMT
* Nick Kew wrote:

> On 18 Jun 2011, at 20:32, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > Today I noticed that there's some kind of weirdness with non-printable
> > characters in the documentation. See attached screenshot.
> >
> > Was there a recent change to the XSLT files?
> Doesn't look like it from a glance at the svn.  No change to the XSLT
> since 2009. More likely the server suddenly started incorrectly sending
> it as utf-8.
> However, that does beg the question: shouldn't we move to utf-8

This begs another question: Why would we want that?

> How has infra handled multiple charsets in the past?

mod_mime, I believe (modulo some exceptional handling for special
extensions). Most certainly, it was delivered as iso-8859-1 before, if not
specified otherwise via file extension.

AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-1 or even better an AddCharset iso-8859-1 .html
for the manual section should solve the problem.

package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  #

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: