httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Modules.apache.org
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 15:51:17 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:03:54AM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> There's been some discussion, at the PMC level, of trying, once again, to assume control
of modules.apache.org. wrowe has recommended that we don't take any firm action until we have
at least three people that would be willing to be involved in assuming that responsibility.
So far myself and Igor Gali?? have indicated interest.

> There are several possible courses, but the most likely at the moment seems to be that
we would maintain some set of static pages, rather than develop a PHP/mod_perl/Python/CGI/whatever
dynamic app. However, I think this is still open to discussion, depending on who is interested
in participating.

> Any takers?

I'll bite. I've been a bit involved with cleaning up the current sites
content over the years.
Quick and simple way to handle it would be steali^Wborrowing the code
that generates http://projects.apache.org/ Having people submit their
modules with DOAP files would probably make it very close to 0 code
effort.

vh

Mads Toftum
--