httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: 2.4 new features
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:45:35 GMT

On Apr 11, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Lucien Gentis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1st Question:
>
> It's said at the beginning of trunk/en/new_features_2_4.html "This document describes
some of the major changes between the 2.2 and 2.4 versions of the Apache HTTP Server."

> Why only "some" ?
>
> Would it mean that some other major changes will never appear in this document ?

I think it reflects the fact that different people have different ideas of what's "major"
and so some things make it into the file and others don't. I'd personally like to see everything
in there that might possibly qualify as an interesting new feature. It helps migration rates,
and gives people something to go off of when they're asked "what's new in 2.4" and aren't
intimately familiar with all the changes.

> 2nd Question, same file:
>
> mod_slotmem_shm
> Provides a Slot-based shared memory provider (ala the scoreboard).
>
> This module permits to save/restore memory segments when server restarts ; but could
someone explain "ala the scoreboard" ?

That one, I can't help you with, other than to suggest that you `svn blame` and ask the person
who wrote that line.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com