httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <>
Subject Fwd: Why is 1.3 still on the download page?
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:49:48 GMT
After a 10 day consensus on dev@, I've cleaned up all that I could find
on the website w.r.t. 1.3 references, including build directions etc.

I did not try to take apart the docs section for 1.3, and am hopeful
that there might be a volunteer on the docs team to do this?  It might
be worthwhile to prepare for the 2.3 -> 2.4/2.5 fork at the same time,
since it looks like that will arrive in less than 2 mos.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Why is 1.3 still on the download page?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:27:56 +0200
From: Issac Goldstand <>

Am I getting senile, or didn't we vote on making 1.3 End-Of-Life
already?  If so, why is 1.3.42 still featured on our download page as a
"current recommended release" a year later?  Isn't it time to change
that to a note saying something to the extent of "If you absolutely MUST
continue using 1.3, you can download it from the archive?"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message