httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Modifying translations
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 22:29:52 GMT

On Dec 5, 2010, at 5:11 PM, André Malo wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> recently Rich committed a tool for pasting stuff for translations... I
> thought it was *for translators*. Well, now I know it wasn't.
>
> Can someone point me to the discussion on the mailing list, were it
> was
> decided to change the translation source files and adding english
> text?
>
> I think, that's a bad idea. Wouldn't it be way more useful to
> generate the
> missing-translation-note just into the output (formulated in
> translation
> language etc)? We have a build system around which should be capable
> of
> doing that.

Yes, that would be preferable. If you know how to do that, we would
enormously welcome such a functionality. However, when it was brought
up (this was in a Bugzilla ticket that I can't find right now. Will
continue to look for it) it wasn't obvious how to do what was necessary.

The problems that we're trying to solve is that the directives.html
for non-english translations simply omits the untranslated directives,
resulting in documentation that just fails to mention large portions
of the functionality of the server.

Alternate solutions are welcomed.

--
Rich Bowen