httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lucien GENTIS <lucien.gen...@lorraine.iufm.fr>
Subject Re: Started spanish translation of core.xml
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:48:28 GMT
iñigo medina a écrit :

> 2010/11/30 Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>>
>
>     No, it's easier than that.
>
>     Since you have an svn checkout, you'll just need to go into that
>     checking, and then:
>
>     svn update
>     ... edit file ...
>     svn diff > diff.txt
>

> Ok, but that makes sense when the initial commit has been made. Isn't it?
> I still have version 0 since there is no commit to the trunk with the
> file core.xml.es <http://core.xml.es>.
>
> Another question: since I started making a copy of core.xml, when this
> file changes
> (for instance, today) how are usually added those changes to the
> translated file?
>
> iñ
>

>     Then mail that diff file.
>

>     On Nov 30, 2010, at 1:12 PM, iñigo medina wrote:
>
>         For the following changes, do I mail the diff between the
>         different versions?
>         Since I cannot commit, I suppose I have to make my own system
>         of versions.
>         And then send the diff to the list. Isn't it?
>
>         iñ
>
>         2010/11/30 Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com
>         <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>>
>         Can someone literate in Spanish give this a quick look-over
>         and commit it?
>
>         This is different from what we've done in the past, in that
>         there are large parts of the document untranslated, and thus
>         in the "wrong" language. However, I feel like this is actually
>         the right way to do it, so that even though it's in the wrong
>         language, at least it's there, which is significantly better
>         than nothing.
>
>         Thoughts?
>
>         Thanks, iñigo. This is a great start.
>

>         On Nov 30, 2010, at 12:13 PM, iñigo medina wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         Rich Bowen made a call for translation on @users list and
>         I thought I could help with spanish translation.
>
>         I've started to work with mod directory following Bowen's advices.
>         I've created core.xml.es <http://core.xml.es> and translated
>         the first part for AcceptFilter directive.
>
>         Any suggestion is very welcome. :)
>
>         --
>         Rich Bowen
>         rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>

>         --
>         -------------------------------------
>         imedina@grosshat.com <mailto:imedina@grosshat.com>
>         es un mundo mágico
>

>     --
>     Rich Bowen
>     rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>

> --
> -------------------------------------
> imedina@grosshat.com <mailto:imedina@grosshat.com>
> es un mundo mágico
Hi iñigo,

I am Lucien Gentis from the french translation team ; welcome here and
big courage for your translation work.

Here is wholesale the way I work :

Before beginning your work session, type "svn up" at the root of your
local svn repository.
Here you get a list of files that changed since your last "svn up"
Copy that list in a file.
For each *.xml file of the list :
    Record the file on your hard disk
    If you have already translated this file, or are translating it
    then
            make a diff between the *.xml file you saved on your hard
disk in your last work session and and the new one in your local svn
repository.
                      (diff -u saved-file.xml svn-new-file.xml)
            Make corresponding modifications in your *.xml.es file.
            Save your new *.xml.es file
    fi
done
Send your new *.xml.es files to Apache docs list

And don't hesitate to ask for detaiuls