httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Started spanish translation of core.xml
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:38:25 GMT

On Dec 1, 2010, at 5:19 AM, iƱigo medina wrote:

> 2010/11/30 Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
> No, it's easier than that.
>
> Since you have an svn checkout, you'll just need to go into that
> checking, and then:
>
> svn update
> ... edit file ...
> svn diff > diff.txt
>
> Ok, but that makes sense when the initial commit has been made.
> Isn't it?
> I still have version 0 since there is no commit to the trunk with
> the file core.xml.es.

Yes. And until that initial commit gets made, I suppose you can just
re-send the updated file.

Our policy is that the translation needs to get reviewed by another
Spanish speaker. I've been contacting some folks, but haven't yet
received any positive responses. Perhaps there's someone on the list
that can look over it?

> Another question: since I started making a copy of core.xml, when
> this file changes
> (for instance, today) how are usually added those changes to the
> translated file?

See Lucien's note.

Also, when you look at the version of core.html.es that's in svn (once
it's committed) it will list the svn revision at which it was last
changed, and the version when the English was last changed, and you can:

svn diff -r 123:456 core.xml

to get the differences that happened in that time period.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com