httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by RichBowen
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:31:27 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ" page has been changed by RichBowen.
The comment on this change is: Formatting.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=23&rev2=24

  == Why am I getting server restart messages periodically, when I did not restart the server?
==
  Problem: You are noticing restart messages in your error log, periodically, when you know
you did not restart the server yourself:

+ {{{
    [Thu Jun  6 04:02:01 2002] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
    [Thu Jun  6 04:02:02 2002] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
+ }}}

  Check your cron jobs to see when/if your server logs are being rotated. Compare the time
of rotation to the error message time. If they are the same, you can somewhat safely assume
that the restart is due to your server logs being rotated.