httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by RichBowen
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:29:40 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ" page has been changed by RichBowen.
The comment on this change is: Remove reference to Code Red, and link to Apache Week..
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=21&rev2=22

  == On a SuSE Linux system, I try and configure access control using basic authentication.
Although I follow the example exactly, authentication fails, and an error message "admin:
not a valid FDN: ...." is logged. ==
  In the SuSE distribution, additional 3rd party authentication modules have been added and
activated by default. These modules interfere with the Apache standard modules and cause Basic
authentication to fail. Our recommendation is to comment all those modules in /etc/httpd/suse_addmodule.conf
and /etc/httpd/suse_loadmodule.conf which are not actually required for running your server.
-
- == Why do I have weird entries in my logs asking for default.ida and cmd.exe? ==
- The host requesting pages from your website and creating those entries is a Windows machine
running IIS that has been infected by an Internet worm such as Nimda or Code Red. You can
safely ignore these error messages as they do not affect Apache. ApacheWeek has an [[http://www.apacheweek.com/features/codered|article]]
with more information.

  == Why am I getting server restart messages periodically, when I did not restart the server?
==
  Problem: You are noticing restart messages in your error log, periodically, when you know
you did not restart the server yourself: