httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "Win64Compilation" by jmcg
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 18:19:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "Win64Compilation" page has been changed by jmcg.
The comment on this change is: If you're deleting the .bak files anyway, why create them?.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Win64Compilation?action=diff&rev1=13&rev2=14

  Right then! Now we're actually going to compile HTTPd. First of all, since you have perl
installed then before the compilation, run

  {{{
- FOR /R %F IN (*.mak *.mk.win) DO perl -pi.bak -e "s/\/MACHINE:X[0-9]*//gi" %F &&
del %F.bak
+ FOR /R %F IN (*.mak *.mk.win) DO perl -p -i -e "s/\/MACHINE:X[0-9]*//gi" %F
  }}}
  What this does is that it iterates through the entire source and removes all /MACHINE: tags.
Why Apache has chosen to to include these parameters I'll never understand but removing this
fixes problems with conflicting machine types.