httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "Win64Compilation" by PontusCarlsson
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 13:20:37 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "Win64Compilation" page has been changed by PontusCarlsson.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Win64Compilation?action=diff&rev1=8&rev2=9

  {{{
  FOR /R %F IN (*.m*) DO perl -pi.bak -e "s/\/MACHINE:[A-Za-z0-9]*//g" %F
  }}}
- What this does is that it iterates through the entire source and removes all /MACHINE: tags.
Why Apache has chosen to to include these parameters I'll never understand but removing this
fixes problems such as
+ What this does is that it iterates through the entire source and removes all /MACHINE: tags.
Why Apache has chosen to to include these parameters I'll never understand but removing this
fixes problems with conflicting machine types.

  = Troubleshooting =
  == Zlib : unresolved external symbol inflate_fast ==
@@ -119, +119 @@

  }}}
  During nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak, what this originates from I do not know but a good guess is
a bug in the asm generation process of the build since this issue is most of the time resolved
by just rerunning the command again.

+ == HTTPd : module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine 'X86' ==
+ This is the exact error you'll encounter if you haven't stripped of those pesky /MACHINE:X86
parameters from all the makefiles.
+
+ Redo this step with the line in the Step by Step : HTTPd section.
+