httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "Win64Compilation" by PontusCarlsson
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:34:03 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "Win64Compilation" page has been changed by PontusCarlsson.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Win64Compilation?action=diff&rev1=7&rev2=8

  = Step by Step =
  First of all we need to compile Zlib and OpenSSL since these are dependencies for mod_ssl
and mod_deflate, if you don't desire these modules then you can just skip this (I believe
but are not sure).

- In C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin there's shortcut named "Visual
Studio 2008 x64 Win64 Command Prompt", enter this and you should appear in a command prompt,
now
+ Now, open up your command prompt and run from here
+
+ {{{
+ C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\vcvarsx86_amd64.bat
+ }}}
+ You execute vcvarsx86_amd64.bat to obtain necessary environment variables for the toolchain
basicly. Some would say that you'd be satisfied by just opening Visual Studio 2008 x64 Win64
Command Prompt, although this will discard your previous PATH variables, thus removing perl
from the PATH.

  {{{
  cd C:\httpd-2.2.17
@@ -82, +87 @@

  Right then! Now we're actually going to compile HTTPd. First of all, since you have perl
installed then before the compilation, run

  {{{
- FOR /R %F IN (*.mak) DO perl -pi.bak -e "s/MACHINE:X86/MACHINE:AMD64/g" %F
+ FOR /R %F IN (*.m*) DO perl -pi.bak -e "s/\/MACHINE:[A-Za-z0-9]*//g" %F
  }}}
- What this does is that it iterates through the entire source build and replaces /MACHINE:X86
with /MACHINE:AMD64 in all makefiles. If you don't do this then you'll most likely encounter.
+ What this does is that it iterates through the entire source and removes all /MACHINE: tags.
Why Apache has chosen to to include these parameters I'll never understand but removing this
fixes problems such as

  = Troubleshooting =
  == Zlib : unresolved external symbol inflate_fast ==