httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "Win64Compilation" by PontusCarlsson
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:41:16 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "Win64Compilation" page has been changed by PontusCarlsson.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Win64Compilation?action=diff&rev1=5&rev2=6

- Next of you'll need a Perl distribution, ActiveState or strawberry works about the same
although I prefer strawberry perl which can be found [[http://strawberryperl.com/|here]].
+ Next of you'll need a Perl distribution, !ActiveState or strawberry works about the same
although I prefer strawberry perl which can be found [[http://strawberryperl.com/|here]].

-  . You'll also need a Windows port of awk, GnuWin32 has an excellent package for this located
[[http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/gawk/|here]].
+ You'll also need a Windows port of awk, !GnuWin32 has an excellent package for this located
[[http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/gawk/|here]].

- Perl will set up your PATH environment variable correctly, GnuWin32 however will not. If
you're familiar with Windows it'll be no task to append the correct path to awk.exe to your
PATH,
+ Perl will set up your PATH environment variable correctly, !GnuWin32 however will not. If
you're familiar with Windows it'll be no task to append the correct path to awk.exe to your
PATH, if you're not however familiar with Windows it'll just suffice by running
-
-  . if you're not however familiar with Windows it'll just suffice by running

  {{{
  set PATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin;%PATH%"
  }}}
- Replace C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\ with the installation path you provided during
the installation, this is however default so if you didn't chacnge anything this'll work just
fine for you.
+ Replace C:\Program Files (x86)\!GnuWin32\ with the installation path you provided during
the installation, this is however default so if you didn't chacnge anything this'll work just
fine for you.

  = Obtaining the sources =
  Lastly we (of course) need the sources.
@@ -70, +68 @@

  }}}
  AS=ml64 tells nmake to use ml64 (Macro Assembler x64) as our assembler, -DASMV and -DASMINF
are both defines in inffas8664.c which I'm not sure what they actually do.

+ == OpenSSL ==
+ {{{
+ cd ..\openssl
+ perl Configure VC-WIN64A enable-camellia disable-idea
+ ms\do_win64a.bat
+ nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak
+ }}}
+ The perl line configures OpenSSL with the Visual C++ Win64 AMD and disables the IDEA algorithm
since this is by default disabled in the pre-distributions and really shouldn't be missed,
if you do however require this then go ahead and remove disable-idea.
+
+ ms\do_win64a.bat creates the makefiles and nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak as you might expect runs
the makefile.
+
+ == HTTPd ==
+
  = Troubleshooting =
-
  == Zlib : unresolved external symbol inflate_fast ==
-
  During Zlib compilation if you encounter something like

  {{{
@@ -84, +93 @@

  This means you have a typo in either -DASMV -DASMINF or your OBJ="inffasx64.obj gvmat64.obj
inffas8664.obj" since inflate_fast is defined in inffas8664.c.

  == Zlib : Cannot open include file 'zutil.h' ==
-
  If you instead encounter

  {{{
@@ -93, +101 @@

  }}}
  this means you've missed out on -I. since this basicly tells the compiler to also include
header files from current directory (zlib\) in which zutil.h is found.

+ == OpenSSL : unmatched block nesting : OPEN SSL_wipe_cpu ==
+ I have three times encountered
+
+ {{{
+ tmp32dll\x86_64cpuid.asm(171) : fatal error A1010:unmatched block nesting : OPEN SSL_wipe_cpu
+ }}}
+ During nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak, what this originates from I do not know but a good guess is
a bug in the asm generation process of the build since this issue is most of the time resolved
by just rerunning the command again.
+