httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpd Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by ChristopherYeleighton
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:10:31 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ" page has been changed by ChristopherYeleighton.
The comment on this change is: RFC3875.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/FAQ?action=diff&rev1=15&rev2=16

  (Prior to 1.3, you needed to use "nph-" scripts to accomplish non-buffering. Today, the
only difference between nph scripts and normal scripts is that nph scripts require the full
HTTP headers to be sent.)

  == Where can I find the "CGI specification"? ==
+ Short answer: <URL: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3875 >.
+
- The Common Gateway Interface (CGI) specification can no longer be found at the original
NCSA site (http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/interface.html). This version hadn't been updated
since 1995, and there have been some efforts to update it.
+ The original Common Gateway Interface (CGI) specification can no longer be found at the
original NCSA site (http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/interface.html). This version hadn't been
updated since 1995, and there have been some efforts to update it.

- A new draft is being worked on with the intent of making it an informational RFC; you can
find out more about this project at <http://web.golux.com/coar/cgi/>.
+ The informational RFC was originally developed at <URL: http://web.golux.com/coar/cgi/
>.

  == How do I enable SSI (parsed HTML)? ==
  SSI (an acronym for Server-Side Include) directives allow static HTML documents to be enhanced
at run-time (e.g., when delivered to a client by Apache). The format of SSI directives is
covered in the mod_include manual; suffice it to say that Apache supports not only SSI but
xSSI (eXtended SSI) directives.